Monday, June 10, 2013

Attention, Madisonians! Trout Caviar Coming to Underground Butcher, Forequarter

Here's an extremely short notice notification of a cool event I'll be participating in, tomorrow!!! in Madison, WI.

The Underground Food Collective, which consists of Forequarter restaurant and the Underground Butcher, is hosting a Trout Caviar event tomorrow, Tuesday, June 11.

From 3:00 to 4:30 p.m. I'll at the Underground Butcher location, 811 Williamson Street ( undergroundbutcher@gmail.com ;608.338.3421), for a book signing.  We'll also be sampling a dish or two that I'll prepare from foraged ingredients, mainly ramps and nettles.

Then from 5:00 to 7:00, the chefs at Forequarter, 708 1/4 E Johnson Street ( forequarter@gmail.com ;
608.609.4717) will be preparing a couple of recipes from the book, and I'll be there again to chat, sign books, talk food, etc.


The regular Forequarter menu will be available from 7:00 to 10:00, along with the TC dishes, as supplies last.

I'll be joined at both events by co-conspirator Andre Darlington, a terrific writer whose work appears in the  Madison Isthmus and elsewhere.  Andre is the guy who really made this event happen, and I'm very grateful to him, and to the folks at Underground Food Collective, for getting me back to Madison, a city I like more each time I visit.

Reservations are not accepted, but you can indicate your intention to attend at the Forequarter Facebook page.

Sorry about the late notice.  If you're a Trout Caviar reader in the Madison area, I'd love it if you could stop by to either event.

Cheers~ Brett

No comments: